1. Payment: Patients may be required to pay for services rendered at the time of their visit, either through insurance or out-of-pocket.
2. Insurance: Patients should ensure that their insurance plan covers urgent care services, and they should be prepared to provide their insurance information at the time of their visit.
3. Waiting Time: Patients may experience longer wait times due to the unpredictable nature of urgent care. It is advisable to arrive early to complete necessary paperwork and reduce wait time.
4. Treatment: Patients will be treated by a healthcare professional who will assess their condition and provide necessary treatment. Patients may receive medication, procedures, or referrals to other healthcare providers if necessary.
5. Privacy: Patients’ medical records are kept confidential and can only be accessed by authorized personnel.
6. Refusal of Treatment: Urgent care facilities have the right to refuse treatment if they believe that it is not in the patient’s best interest.
7. Follow-up Care: Patients may be advised to follow-up with their primary care physician or other healthcare providers for ongoing care.
8. Consent: Patients must provide informed consent before any treatment is administered.
It is essential to read and understand the terms and conditions of an urgent care facility before seeking care. If patients have any questions or concerns, they should speak with the healthcare provider or administrative staff.
EMBREY MILL PRIMARY & URGENT CARE, LLC is a licensed corporation in the state of Virginia. EMBREY MILL PRIMARY & URGENT CARE is for informational and educational purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for a consultation or visit with your physician or other health care providers. Please read this important legal information. All Rights Reserve